Vyvanse is a once-daily prescription medication for the treatment of ADHD for people 6 and above. Vyvanse may help increase attention and decrease impulsiveness and hyperactivity in patients with ADHD. Your doctor may prescribe Vyvanse as part of a total treatment program that may include counseling or other therapies.
Vyvanse was shown to provide ADHD symptom control throughout the day and into the evening in children aged 6 to 12 with ADHD.
In one study:
- When taken at 7 am, Vyvanse provided ADHD symptom control at 8:30 am
- Vyvanse demonstrated ADHD symptom control throughout the day and into the evening — even at 8 pm
In another clinical study:
- Parents reported symptom improvement in the morning, afternoon, and into the early evening
Vyvanse may not be right for everyone
Before starting treatment for ADHD with Vyvanse, tell your child's doctor about all health conditions (or a family history of) including:
- Heart problems, heart defects, or high blood pressure
- Mental problems, including psychosis, mania, bipolar illness, or depression
- Any previous or current drug or alcohol abuse
Tell the doctor if your child is pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
Save money on your child's Vyvanse prescription* plus get a FREE Information Kit
*Restrictions may apply.